About The Department
Department of Civil engineering was established in the year 2014-15 with an annual intake of 60 students. Department have smart class rooms and fully fledged lab facilities with modern equipment. Highly committed and dynamic faculty and enthusiastic students and supporting parents are the back bone of the department. Department is advised and supported by a well blended team of an industrialist, an academic expert, a socially active personality, a parent representative, and a member of alumni. Department takes up consultancy activities in testing of building materials, drinking water quality testing, surveying and preparation of plans and soil testing. Department gives prime importance to taking up socially relevant and real-time student projects and activities besides making them industry ready with sufficient industry interactions.
To be a leader in the field of Civil Engineering education that moulds competent civil engineers with social values and environmental concerns.
M1.To impart state of the art technical knowledge through scientific base, socially relevant projects, industrial exposure and entrepreneurship skills.
M2.To equip students with appropriate skills through rural development initiatives for the upliftment of nation.
M3.To create civil engineers who successfully adapt and innovate solutions for a sustainable environment.
Program Eductional Objectives(PEO)
The program educational objectives of Diploma in Civil Engineering are.
1. Graduates will have concrete knowledge in the application of necessary mathematical tools, scientific theories and modern developments in civil engineering.
2. Graduates will be able to make use of their practical knowledge and field experience, to face challenges in contemporary society.
3. Graduates will be able to make use of their technical, analytic and software skills to effectively communicate the ideas and resolve the challenges.
4. Graduates will be developing leadership qualities in diverse teams, and will be able to promote and practice appropriate moral and professional ethics in their fields.
5. Graduates will be able to pursue higher education or entrepreneurship apart from being employable.
The curriculum focusing on the following areas,
• Surveying and Advanced Surveying
• Theory of structures
• Construction materials and Construction management
• Irrigation engineering
• Estimation and Quantity surveyings
• Structural design
• Concrete Technology
• Building maintenance and services
• Environmental Engineering
• Transportation and Geotechnical Engineering
Along with the above areas the curriculum we also focuses on the personal and professional growth of students by providing the courses like,
• Material Testing Lab
• Geotechnical Engineering
• Concrete Lab ..
• Multiple Periods
Scope of the Programme
Supervision of engineering projects – Roads, buildings, irrigation, water supply Enterpreneurship, Govt. service opportunities – PWD, Pollution control boards etc., Water authority, KSEB, KSHB, Corporation, Municipality, Panchayath Academic institutions – ITI, Poly technics, Engineering colleges Higher studies – B.Tech, M.Tech and above.